The Sacred Heart Centre is the former Soar Chapel building located opposite Sacred Heart Church, at the junction of Soar Terrace and Pentrepoeth School Road in Morriston, Swansea SA6 6HX.
- Main hall (floorspace inside pillars 26ft x 25 ft, plus 6ft additional space on three sides under gallery plus stage area; includes folding tables, stackable chairs, excellent 2 manual electric action pipe organ, ideal for concerts and recitals)
- Back hall (floorspace 23ft x 33ft plus stage area; includes folding tables, stackable chairs)
- Upstairs seminar room 1 (seats 15-20 in committee format, projector screen and projector can be hired)
- Upstairs seminar room 2 (can be used for group discussion/breakout sessions, or can seat 15 people around tables in boardroom format)
- fully equipped kitchen
- toilet facilities (includes separate male, female and disabled access)
The various spaces can be hired separately or together as required. The Centre is in regular use by Parish and is also very popular with local community groups, in particular for one-off hirings for family celebrations such as birthday parties and wedding receptions and anniversary’s, funeral receptions and other events. Please see the other articles on the website for details of forthcoming events, and photos and videos of previous events. Please note that no loud music may be played past 10pm.
Please note that on certain days of the year, the Centre is reserved for parish use, see the room availability page for weekly timetables and dates when the various rooms are pre-booked.
Room hire rates for regular or one-off use:
Hire of main hall or back hall £10 per hour
Hire of both halls together £15 per hour
Hire of upstairs seminar rooms £6.50 per hour
Hire of either hall for 2 hour party/function £30 (over 2 hours is additional £10 per hour)
Hire of either hall for use of bouncy castles additional £10 charge (please note the dimensions of the halls above)
A £5 deposit is required to secure all bookings.
Please ensure the time slot booked includes the arrival of caterers/entertainment, and clearing up/collection afterwards so that we know when to open up and close the building for you so that Centre staff can ensure they are available to meet you.
Please be mindful that other groups may be using other parts of the building and restrict your use only to areas booked.
The building is to be left clean and tidy as you found it. Any mess or damage will incur additional fees to make good.
Please note that all black-bag rubbish must be taken with you. It is recommended you plan your party with recycling in mind.
Hire of kitchen:
- 2 hour party/function, included in minimum charge.
- Extended use for cooking, dishwasher etc £6 per hour
- Gas equipment in the kitchen is safety checked on an annual basis and has a current safety certificate in place
- FOR YOUR SAFETY, PLEASE NOTE THAT ADDITIONAL COOKING EQUIPMENT MAY NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE CENTRE WITHOUT PRIOR AGREEMENT!
Tea and coffee can be made available for an additional charge, please enquire for details.
Use of any electrical equipment on the premises must be noted on your booking form, and may only be used with permission. All electrical equipment must have a current PAT label.
Organ in main hall:
Organists! You are welcome to book the main hall to practice on the Centre organ. Please phone or email for details.
Terms and conditions of use apply. The conditions of hire have been updated, please download here: ConditionsofHire.
The Centre is a few minutes walk from Morriston Cross, with access to the main bus routes from Swansea High Street Railway Station and the Quadrant Bus Station.
Check room availability here
For more details, or to make a booking contact Paul Relf:
Telephone 07838 249060 (Please leave a message and your call will be returned)
Updated 20 November 2016