The Sacred Heart Centre building is a major asset for our parish, and the local community. The building is in need of urgent repairs. To this end, a fund raising appeal has been undertaken. The target amount for phase 1 repairs has now been reached, amounting to £50,002 from a combination of small grants and donations including:
- £1000 raised during June 2014
- £1000 from the Indian Curry lunch 13th July 2014
- plant sales after Sunday Masses 6 Jul 2014 £184
- plant sales after Sunday Masses 20 Jul 2014 £232
- raffle and donations from Stratford upon Avon trip £152
- celebrations arranged by the Filipino community on the Feast of the Assumption 15th August 2014 which alone raised an amazing £2150!
- Paul’s 40th birthday murder mystery evening £750
- Cash for clothes £112
- Cash for clothes £36
- Quiz Sept 2014 £200
- Harvest supper £220
- Christmas Fayre £1200
- Over 50s donation £200
- Catholic club July – December 2014 £500
- Christmas raffle £1200
- Dec 2014 Italian lunch and auction £1450
- Sale of pool table and cot £75
- Filipino Sinulog 2015 Festival £1400
- Second collections June 2014 – March 2015 £1700
- Organ recital Rev. Clive Williams £148 (£74 to Youth to Lourdes)
- Donation from Gronow and Kirkwood families £300
- Organ recital Pastor Keith Evans £220
- Catholic Club January – April 2014 £500
- Easyfundraising to July 2015 £130
- Anonymous donation £250
- Second collections Apr – Jun 2015 £500
- Second collections Jul – Aug 2015 £500
- Feast of the Assumption celebrations 16 August 2015 £1200
- Second collection Sept 2015 £176
- Organ recital Rev. Clive Williams £150
- Parish Quiz Sept 2015 £102
- Harvest Supper Oct 2015 £70
- Second collection Oct 2015 £212
- Christmas Fayre 2015 £1100
- Second collections Nov -Dec 2015 £376
- Christmas raffle 2015 £1164
- Italian lunch 2015 £1000
- Children’s Christmas Party £155
- Easyfundraising Aug – Dec 2015 £74
- Second Collection Jan 2016 £150
- Sinulog 2016 £1547
We are very grateful to everyone for their support in raising this amazing sum so quickly, 5 months ahead of schedule! Sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way to the fundraising effort.
Due to the delays in the works commencing for various reasons out of our control, repair costs are working out higher than originally planned, and unfortunately taking place at the worst time of year. Contingency funds are in place to cover the additional costs for now, but please keep easysearching and easyfundraising! Any extra donations will help with the next phase of refurbishment once the external works are completed during 2016.
Forthcoming fundraising events: Please see the ‘Forthcoming events’ article for dates and times. Any fund raising suggestions or initiatives welcomed!
Help the Centre by going shopping!
This is a very easy and simple way to raise money for the Sacred Heart Centre renovation appeal:
- Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/sacredheartcentrerenovation
- Create an account on the site
- Visit retailers as normal from the easyfundraising website and shop as normal.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/sacredheartcentrerenovation/?u=1QB1OA A percentage of what you spend goes to the Sacred Heart Centre Renovation fund. Use it for many popular retailers including Amazon, Boots, M&S, Currys, eBay, Argos, Tesco Direct etc – see the easyfundraising website for details of other retailers. There is no catch, and it doesn’t cost you any more than it would normally. The donation comes from the retailer.
Install the Easysearch toolbar, as this will show you which websites offer donations and make it easier to ‘activate’ donations on those sites.
Search the web and raise money Are you one of the millions of people that use a search engine like Google every day? Why not switch your searching to easysearch and raise money? Every time you search the web using http://sacredheartcentrerenovation.easysearch.org.uk instead of your usual search engine, you’ll raise half a penny for the Centre renovation fund. Search just 15 times a day and you can raise around £25 a year